Update 7 for bins 2 & 3. Bin 2 is looking good. No foul odors. Looks like there is a notable amount of waste left in here than in bin 3. This is indicating I need to move more worms from bin 3 over. The difference is clear to see. Moisture level seems good. I’ll need to add more cardboard soon. Better add some sand next feed time.
Bin 3 is working like a well oiled machine. It’s unimaginable how much they can change the landscape inside the bin. Somehow they move half a mango to make it look like it’s sinking into the soil. Totally amazed by that. Seems like there are more of the white dot and skinny bugs in bin 2 than in this bin. Maybe they’re subsoil when the waste gets that low. I can see them move in and out of the soil when I watch them. Mostly I see them on top. No foul odors.
Last post I mentioned roaches. Thought it was going to be a big hassle to find it. Wow was I wrong. As I was moving the cardboard out of the bin the roach ended up in my hand. At first I didn’t know it was there because it was in the gloved hand. I then noticed something kind of squishy. Thinking it was a small pile of worm bunched up I quickly looked where my fingers sensing the difference.
It was the roach, or a new one. I was in disbelieve it was that easy. Couldn’t have planned that in a million years. Once I realized my luck I threw it on the floor and killed it. The cats sitting there supervising me. Hope that was all of them. -13
Video Update 7 Below